Kestrel COVID-19 Safety Plan
We are committed to maintaining the health and safety of our office and support workers, our clients, as well as supporting and following public health recommendations and directions during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The following are steps we are taking to minimize the risk and spread of infection. As partners in the fight against the pandemic, we ask for your full cooperation with these measures.
- We are committed to providing excellent and timely services primarily through virtual means during this period. We are confident that we can provide the same level of service to you by utilizing appropriate and secure technology, including remote access to client files and remote hearing capability.
- Attendance at the office is by appointment only for both clients and colleagues. In-person meetings may be arranged in advance and will be conducted only where absolutely necessary. We will coordinate the timing of such visits with our co-workers to ensure occupancy remains limited.
- Should you attend at the office, we will record the date and time of your visit and your contact details, in accordance with WorkSafeBC recommendations.
- We ask that documents be provided to us in electronic form wherever practicable, through a confidential and secure platform.
- If you should experience Covid-like symptoms within 14 days of an appointment or you have been placed on self isolation (i.e. due to recent travel), you should notify us immediately so that we can reschedule to an appropriate time.
- Symptoms of Covid-19 include: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and new muscle aches or headache.
- Deliveries must be left at our front desk.
- We will ask that you use hand sanitizer each time you enter our office, including after visits to the lavatory or other parts of our office building. Clients will need a sanitized key to enter the lavatory.
- Two metre physical distancing is in effect in our office at all times.
- Please follow the posted safety directions at the elevators and note the occupancy limit: one person.
- We encourage the use of non-medical masks in our office space. Clients and colleagues meeting with us will be expected to wear masks and to follow WorkSafeBC guidelines on the effective use of masks.
- We regret that we cannot offer refreshments in the office at this time.
- We do not accept payments or deposits in cash.
- If it is touched, it is cleaned: boardroom and workroom surfaces in our office are cleaned after each use. Enhanced cleaning protocols are in effect for our reception desk, door handles and other commonly touched surfaces. If you touch an area or item that we may not be aware of, please let us know so that it can be cleaned.
- We practice frequent hand washing. Hands must be washed after a communal item is touched.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation under these extraordinary circumstances.
This Plan is subject to change depending on changing conditions and applicable directions and orders.